How to Travel and Stay Fashionable
We’re going to travel a lot the next month, so we were inspired to share with you some of the tricks we learned a long the way. If you rarely travel, traveling can be fun and the excitement to go somewhere new keeps you surprisingly patient. However, if you travel a lot like we do, you may find that traveling can be exhausting and maintaining a routine that keeps you looking fresh can be hard – oh yeah, and packing gets pretty annoying too!
Luckily, we’ve found ways to travel and stay fashionable. Here’s some of the tips we’ve picked up along the way:
- Stay Comfortable - Try to avoid wearing jeans or anything that limits your ability to move. Instead wear leggings. The best part of leggings is that you can buy printed leggings, like our snakeskin leggings, so you don’t have to stick to those boring black ones!
- Avoid over-accessorizing - With the current security situation at airports, it’s probably best to wear minimal accessories because you’ll be taking it all off. We suggest avoiding belts and bracelets that have clasps. Additionally, choose shoes that can easily slip on and off.
- Stay Refreshed - Traveling a lot have have a serious impact on your skin. All you need to carry in your purse is a toothbrush, moisturizer, mascara, concealer, lip gloss and a travel sized perfume. You don’t want too much makeup because touching up gets tedious and uncomfortable. These items serve as a way to touch up. If you’re traveling international flights, you may want to add a facial wash and a water spray like Evian Mineral Water Spray, which serves as a toner.
- Wear Dark Clothing - This may seem trivial, but airplanes can get messy. We suggest wearing dark colors in case something spills – this is especially important on long international flights.
- Travel Light - Yes, we know it’s easier said than done (and it does take practice). The trick to packing light is choosing clothing that can be worn multiple times over the span of your trip. To do this, you’ll need to coordinate outfits and make sure that you aren’t packing something just because you like it. Those fancy shoes you want to pack because they’re pretty? Probably not a good idea. Instead, opt for a neutral colored top that could be dressed up or down like our oversized ruffle top.
We’ve traveled wearing our oversized ruffle top and leggings several times and we can definitely say that we felt great traveling. This time around, we’ll most likely sport our updated snakeskin leggings!
Do you have any travel advice you’d like to share with us?